Tuesday 4 February 2014

Clothing Tags & Brands

1 - I really like the little character on this tag as it makes it more unique to the brand and is quite an inviting addition that would attract you. The fonts are also personal to the brand, so all of these personal touches gives the brand more individuality. I think that is important in this brief as a brand can differentiate itself in many ways but the biggest is its brand image and identity.


2 - This is such a creative spin on the clothing tag and could end up looking better than the product it's attached to! I would like to at least try a few of these as it would be a good way to put across Shanghai or my brand image without covering the product with it which some may dislike.

3 - This simple style is quite nice because you get all of the information you need and it is clear to read. They have included a small motif that can identify the brand so they make sure that the product gets more of the attention than the tag which people will rip off anyway.

4 - I really like this typographic and illustrative tag as it looks kind of mystical and fun. I would be attracted to this sort of tag as it has a life of its own and is bold without using lots of different colours. This would be a good route to go down for my tags as it can have a lot of detail without overwhelming people with colour.
5 - This is a fun homemade style that I think I can be inspired by for my clothing tags as it is a traditional Chinese style to hand paint their letter characters and also a lot of their designs. It would also appeal to the current generation as a popular style is gradients and tie-dye - as I am trying to make my clothing brand have a Shanghai style I need to find a way to make it appeal to a wide audience outside the Chinese culture.

6 - I really like the overlapping shapes with the colour scheme - it looks trendy while organised. I also like the way they have written the size as a word rather than a number as it's different to the other tags.

7 - I like this illustrated tag as it adds a character or story to the brand which could make people attracted to the whole brand and not just the item of clothing.


Clothing Brand - Abercrombie & Fitch



Clothing Brand - COMME des GARCONS



I really like this brand identity as it's fun and quite quirky. They have kept either the heart, the eyes or both in all of their products as that is what attracts people to the brand. I would like to create a symbol that is as simple and as inviting as this one for my own branding.

1 comment:

  1. I really impressed after read this because of some quality work and informative thoughts . I just wanna say thanks for the writer and wish you all the best for coming!. custom labels

    ReplyDelete