Wednesday 5 February 2014

Researching Branding

Brand Identities

1 - Here is an example of a brand identity, tags/menu and a shop front
I like the swirly, quirky style to the brand name. I think it would attract people as it looks inviting and professional. The traditional style to it makes people think it is a long standing, established brand that would provide good service. The colours are bold and vibrant making the whole brand identity look very attracting and energetic.

2 - Here is an example of a brand identity, tags and stationery
I like the blue tones as it feels calming and serene making it look inviting to people. I also like how the stationery features only a small emblem from the branding so it isn't too overwhelming especially if the stationery has a purpose that needs to stand out more than the branding.

3 - Here is an example of a brand identity and stationery
I like this design as it is very simple and so it can be formatted into different colours and shapes without loosing the identity of the brand. The pastel colour scheme is very on trend at the moment so it would attract people while not being too over the top.


4 - Here is an example of a brand identity, packaging, tags and stationery
The soft, bright colours really attracted my eye as it looks like a happy, trendy brand that I would probably be interested in. I like the quirky shaped of the tags as they're very different to the average price tags. I would like to have a unique shaped price tag as it just adds a little more excitement to attract your eye.

5 - Here is an example of a brand identity, packaging and labels
I like the motifs they have as part of their branding as it is fun and inviting. They have a pattern/image that they clearly want to keep that going across the whole branding - I would like to design my own version for my branding as I think it adds some interest and would be a new challenge for me as well.

6 - Here is an example of a brand identity, packaging, website, stationery and accessories
The geometric, multi-coloured pattern really grabs your eye so it would definitely attract me in a shop as bright colours make a lot of people want to buy it as it makes them happy.

7 - Here is an example of brand identity, packaging, shopping bags and accessories
This design has quite a strict colour scheme compared with the other brand identities I have looked at but it means it looks more organised which some people may prefer as they are not overwhelmed by bright colours.


8 - Here is an example of a brand identity, business cards and stationery
The business cards are very different to what I have seen before and this has inspired me to think outside the box with how I can construct the branding elements. It is a very simple design but it makes just as much impact as branding with 7 different colours. I think it is important to keep to the basics sometimes as otherwise the brand identity can be forgotten amongst the design.

9 - Here is an example of some stationery
I really like the flip on this envelope design, as I have seen many envelopes with the pattern on the outside but this is practical, yet funky as the design is hidden inside the envelope. The blue accents on the outside of the envelope add a nice touch that continues the brands colour scheme throughout the stationery.

10 - Here is an example of some business cards
These have given me a few ideas for my brand identity as they use a range of typefaces to show the personality of the brand which I think branding is about. I like the block of pattern as it is fun and inviting so for my Shanghai clothing brand I could use an oriental pattern (that I'm hopefully going to make) if I was to do a business card like this one.

11 - Here is an example of a brand identity and some business cards
This design is really funky and offbeat take on branding and I really like it as it is fun and would make me want to know more about the business. It is very simple so it gets the message across quickly without any fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment